Hearst Television, Westbrook, ME, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $32,500
Salary max: $45,500
WPXT-TV, the Hearst owned CW property in Portland, ME, has an exciting opportunity to join our sales team in one of the most desirable cities in the country. We are looking for a self-starter who is looking to begin their career with a top media company and learn how to build successful multi-platform marketing campaigns that help Maine businesses grow. Responsibilities include working with some existing station clients – along with a strong emphasis on securing new clients to the station. The ideal candidate is coachable, thrives in a goal-oriented, team environment and has strong interpersonal/presentation skills. If you want to represent the best marketing products in the Portland market, and have the opportunity to control your own financial goals – we want to hear from you. We will provide the tools necessary for you to master the business – we seek the right person with sales ability, positive attitude, client focus, and determination to win.
- Generate revenue across all available platforms
- Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
- Manage inventory and protect station rate structure.
- Develop new revenue through local business development
- Form strategic business and market partnerships
- Manage an active account and client list
- Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals.
- Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
- Solid negotiation skills
- Experience in a consultative customer focused business atmosphere
- Military training and experience will be considered in lieu of TV/Radio sales experience
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Accountability within a goal-structured organization
- Needs a positive, results-oriented attitude and must be a team player
- Must be able to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands