Hearst Television, Manchester, NH, United States
The story is yours!
WMUR has an immediate opening for a news videographer. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who strives to capture the story every day. This member of our team will work closely with reporters. They will collaborate with the team and spend much of the day shooting, editing and executing live shots. The winning candidate must be tech savvy and knowledgeable about the most modern aspects of our medium. We prefer experience using Sony XD Cam, GoPros, laptop computers and iPhones. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and utilize ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station is also preferred. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must.
- Shooting and editing VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Working with the assignment desk and reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gathering video and still pictures for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with video and sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Assist with cataloging systems to archive and locate necessary video.
- Produce and publish content to our online platforms.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Can work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record.
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools.
- Can organize and prioritize.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.