Breaking News Anchor - Reporter
Hearst Television, Cincinnati, OH, United States
The story is yours!
WLWT-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Cincinnati has a full-time opening for a Breaking News Anchor-Reporter for our morning newscast.
The ideal candidate has an excellent, energetic on-air presence and strong reporting skills. This person will search for breaking news throughout the morning, confirm it, write the breaking news stories and present them live from the studio. This person should be comfortable covering breaking news on the air and should be able to work independently to develop sources, research stories, and break stories.
We are looking for an excellent storyteller who will also engage with our viewers on social media. This person will also produce our morning traffic reports and present them live during our morning newscast.
- Work independently to identify breaking stories each morning to report live on air.
- Ability to report live in the field or studio, especially during breaking news and weather coverage.
- Cultivate source connections with first responders to garner information on local incidents
- Actively monitor social media, HTV sister stations, NBC/CNN affiliates for breaking news stories and updates
- Ability to produce and deliver breaking, live traffic reports.
- Report in the field after AM shows to cover daily stories
- Fill-in anchor as needed
- In-person attendance is required
- Looking for 1-2 years as a television news reporter. Anchor experience is a plus.
- Equivalent military experience will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience of the station's traffic system.
- Must be a self-starter and able to ad-lib in breaking news situations.
- Must speak clearly, have basic knowledge of how to use a computer, and basic knowledge of social media outlets.
- Must have strong reporting skills to include breaking news
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands