Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $45,000
Salary max: $45,000
98 Rock and WBAL Radio, the Hearst Television-owned radio stations in Baltimore, MD, have an opening for a Digital Producer. The Digital Producer will work under the direction of the Digital Operations Manager to gather content, produce stories for the apps and websites, and produce content for social media platforms. We need someone highly engaged in social media, highly organized, and with a drive to win content on all platforms. Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premier and Photoshop. The ideal candidate is creative and knows the difference between posting for social, the web, and writing for broadcast news.
- Web and mobile app posting
- Producing videos and graphics for social media
- Social Media monitoring and posting
- Crowdsourcing, gathering and writing original digital content
- Be involved in daily editorial meeting and be aware of daily news coverage
- Communicate and working with sister stations and networks on digital coverage
- Monitor digital and social analytics
- Editor experience a plus
- Non-linear editing knowledge a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and Audition a plus
- Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
- Highly organized
- Skillful Writer
- Aggressive content gatherer
- Social Media savvy
- Works well in stressful situations and with deadlines
- Good news judgment
- Desire to win, especially in breaking news situations
- Team player
- Be willing to have a flexible schedule
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands