Hearst Television, Charlotte, NC USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Media Production Group is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our program development company in the national television and digital content space. The company offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and career advancement opportunities. The successful candidate will work at a detailed level, in an environment requiring a hands-on approach, demonstrating strong time-management skills and adhering to critical deadlines. This position reports to the Controller and is based in our new state-of-the-art Hearst office in Charlotte, NC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage accounts receivable, including preparing sales orders, invoices, posting payments, and monitoring aging
- Manage accounts payable, including recording bills and processing for approvals and payment
- Maintain travel and expense reporting process and credit card reconciliations
- Assist with the month-end close process, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time
- Prepare and record routine and complex journal entries and accruals
- Perform balance sheet account analysis and reconciliations
- Perform monthly bank and cash flow reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly commission statements
- Develop and maintain partner participation reporting statements
- Support finance team with process improvement initiatives
- Assist with special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience
- Media or entertainment experience preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts and debits/credits
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) and expense reporting platforms (Expensify/Concur)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as combination of education experience.
- HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group(HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law&Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands