Director of Community Affairs
Hearst Television, Pittsburgh, PA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $90,000
Salary max: $90,000
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for an individual passionate about building relationships in the community to fill a Director of Community Affairs role. In this role, you will make an impact by maintaining the stations public affairs and community outreach efforts. In addition, this role will also coordinate production of station Editorials and Public Service messaging, manage station sanctioned community projects, events, festivals and (501-C3) partnerships, including the creation of new community initiatives. This is a Department Head level position that works collaboratively with all departments on all platforms (WTAE-TV, WTAE.com, COZI TV). This is an exciting opportunity to leverage the current relationships WTAE has in the community while also having the opportunity to build new ones.
A thorough understanding of HTV policies and regulations will be a part of the training process.
- Responsible for WTAE’s Public Affairs efforts, including local programming, PSAs, non-profit community projects and serving on WTAE’s Editorial Board.
- Direct liaison between the station and all its community/public affairs events and partnerships.
- Strategic coordination of all talent appearances in conjunction with News Director & Creative Services Director.
- Working closely to support and lead WTAE community events in addition to seeking out new relationships and partnerships within the community.
- Consistent visibility within the community with key station partners/events.
- Experience building relationships with a variety of community partners or relationship building in a similar capacity.
- Experience managing events from inception to event completion.
- Extremely flexible with the ability to easily shift priorities with a positive and can-do personality and work style.
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Military training and experience from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands