Director of Programming & Public Affairs
Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $85,000
Salary max: $110,000
If you enjoy working with people and making an impact on your community, you will love being our new Director of Programming and Public Relations at KCRA and KQCA, the Hearst NBC and My58 stations in Sacramento, California. KCRA and KQCA has an immediate opening for an experienced Manager who can oversee programming, community relationships, and employee engagement events. This Department Head level position is responsible for the station’s programming functions including, acquisitions, scheduling, digital, multicast, NBC network communications, FCC regulatory matters, NAB public service campaigns, as well as management and oversight of the station’s public file. This position will work closely with the General Manager on a comprehensive station syndication strategy, Hearst Television programming responsibilities, other duties as assigned. This position is also responsible for the management and leadership role on all station sanctioned community projects, events, festivals and (501-C3) partnerships, including the creation of new community initiatives and specific corporate related programming and production responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities also include serving as the station’s Children’s Programming Liaison. In person attendance is required.
This Department Head level position works collaboratively with all departments on all platforms (KCRA, My58, all Digital platforms, MeTV, Estrella TV, and H&I). A thorough understanding of HTV policies and FCC regulations will be a part of the training process.
- Manage all station programming (local, syndication and network) and associated duties, including scheduling, planning, strategy, and acquisition (in conjunction with GM and HTV programming), communication, coordination and implementation.
- Responsible for all FCC quarterly reporting (Children’s and Issues Reports) and other FCC reporting, as needed.
- Work in partnership with the Creative Services Director on KCRA/KQCA’s Public Affairs efforts, including local programming, PSAs, non-profit community projects.
- Work closely to support and lead KCRA and KQCA community events in addition to seeking out new relationships and partnerships within the community.
- Consistent visibility within the community with key station partners/events.
- Coordinate and lead MyKCRA Employee Engagement Committee
- Coordinate station Internship programs across all departments
- Answer incoming calls, greet guests, take messages as needed
- Maintain and order supplies
- Assist with travel arrangements and submission of expense reports
- Coordinate and plan various station meetings, events & activities
- 3-5 years working in a fast-paced office environment
- Proficient in MS Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience training and or managing others
- A solid understanding of Nielsen ratings, ratings tracking/trending, and research
- Prior experience in professional community event management/engagement, as well as interest in local programming & government regulatory processes
- Military training and experience will be considered.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the position
- Quick learner, self-starter and team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be organized and have the ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor
- Bilingual is not required but valued
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands