Hearst Television, Needham, MA, United States
The story is yours!
WCVB, the Hearst Television station in Boston, MA has an opening for a part-time Broadcast Operations Technician. The position supports on-air and production efforts for in-house and on remote locations.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Master Control Operations, control room technical roles, (including camera shading and robotic control, audio and technical director).
- Studio floor directing, moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions, (including assisting in moving heavy equipment).
- Maintain the appearance of studios including regular cleaning of sets and floors, operate and understand the lighting grid and its associated control board
- A demonstrated ability to safely climb ladders to adjust and maintain lighting fixtures as needed.
- Dress talent and set microphones, IFB's and other support equipment for all on camera appearances.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Internet technology are necessary.
- Provide assistance and support of promotional efforts at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Crew Chief and Engineering Management.
The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the news, and production departments, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts.
- 2+ years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station or equivalent is preferred, with direct experience operating a variety of broadcast equipment.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced news operation.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands