Hearst Television, Manchester, NH, United States
The story is yours!
WMUR has an open for a self-motivated induvial who’s committed to winning every day. We are seeking an ENG/SNG/Photographer/Editor Operator. Candidates operate vans and trucks, tune in terrestrial microwave and geosynchronous satellites, shoot, edit, and execute live shots for stories. Candidates must be tech savvy and up to date on most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, and iPhone; edit in Adobe Premiere; and utilize ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. The candidate will be responsible for communicating effectively with the News team, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts.
- Set up live shots
- Monitor audio and video signals
- Operate satellite uplink and microwave transmission equipment
- Operate trucks in accordance with regulations
- Assist with remote productions at station-sponsored community events as assigned
- Shooting and editing of Vos, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and Online postings
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field
- Prior live broadcast experience
- Basic knowledge of broadcast test equipment
- Prior driving experience with Class 3 and 5 trucks
- Must have computer and software and software experience
- Previous newsroom shooting editing experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
- Valid driver’s license and clean Driving record
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient operating on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August, 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands