Hearst Television, South Burlington, VT, United States
The story is yours!
WPTZ, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a Chief Photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. Exceptional organization, motivation and the ability to train new MMJs and photographers are critical. Our Chief Photographer is an integral part of our management team and is a key player in our live event coverage. You’ll be working in our new state of the art newsroom and in an area known for its picturesque mountains, beautiful waterways and idyllic ski slopes.
- Trains, manages, evaluates and develops a team of photographers and MMJs
- Shooting and editing of vo’ s, vo-sots and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
- A team leader who ensures our look and sound are among the best in the market.
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Works with Engineering and Creative Services to plan and execute live event coverage
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Previous newsroom experience required.
- Excellent managerial skills
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on TVU technology
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Can organize and prioritize
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.