KQCA Local Sales Manager
Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $155,000
Salary max: $175,000
KQCA-TV, the Hearst Television, Inc., My58 in Sacramento, California, seeks a dynamic Local Sales Manager. Under the direction of the General Sales Manager, the Local Sales Manager directs the local sales department at KQCA. We are looking for a sales leader who creates a positive culture for success through leadership, clear direction, teaching, motivating and evaluating the sales efforts of our local team. Individual should be highly organized, able to coach a winning team and have experience in pricing and inventory management. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success in TV Sales with a notable focus on new business development and non-traditional revenue streams including digital media. In person attendance is required.
- Provide leadership and coaching of our local Account Executives.
- Hire, train and motivate Account Executives to achieve revenue and share goals.
- Schedule and conduct weekly sales meetings and sales training.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly strategy meetings with each Account Executive.
- Clearly define account executive performance expectations and measurement processes to assure account executives efforts and attention will lead to achievement of those expectations.
- Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects via frequent visibility. This includes being active in the sales process, getting out on sales calls and entertaining clients.
- Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout the year & exceed quarterly & annual forecasts.
- Meet and exceed our departmental goals for Revenue, Market Share, New Business, Internet, Mobile, etc.
- Manage, alongside the GSM and National Sales Manager, inventory and rates to maximize station revenue and achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Manage, alongside the Digital Sales Manager, our internet and web sales efforts to achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Advise the Research Director in creation of research pieces to assist in our sales efforts.
- Communicate effectively with other Managers and Supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years broadcast sales management experience, but is not required.
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms.
- Is a skilled negotiator and problem solver.
- Has a passion to build and maintain strong employee & client relationships.
- Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including television, web, mobile, and multi-cast.
- Has a track record of success in new business development.
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
- Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve.
- Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands