Traffic Anchor Meteorologist
Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $80,000
Salary max: $95,000
KCRA 3, the news leader in Sacramento and a Hearst Television station, has an immediate opening for a Traffic Anchor and Meteorologist. We are looking for a dynamic individual for our morning team with a strong on-air presence. The successful candidate is an innovative visual storyteller who utilizes mapping and real-time data to help viewers navigate their morning commute. We are also looking for an accurate forecaster who keeps our viewers safe and stays cool under pressure. In-person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Prepare and present clear and concise traffic segments for multiple morning newscasts.
- Build forecasts and present weather segments for at least one hour of morning news each day.
- Work with the assignment desk, producers and executive producer to confirm details for breaking traffic incidents.
- Engage effectively with our audience across all television, digital and social platforms.
- Report live in the field for traffic or weather coverage as needed.
- Craft high-quality stories for broadcast or digital as needed.
- Knowledge of traffic and weather systems; experience with Baron and/or WSI is a plus.
- Must be able to adlib in breaking news situations.
- Must be a self-starter who will take the time to become knowledgeable of streets, highways and landmarks throughout our viewing area.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with a large morning team.
- Work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- 3 or more years of reporting/forecasting experience. Traffic reporting experience is a plus.
- Must be willing to work mornings and fill in on other shifts, including weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.