Assistant News Director
Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD, United States
The story is yours!
WBAL News Radio 1090/FM 101.5 is searching for an aggressive, creative and experienced leader for its radio news team. The ideal candidate will have excellent news judgment, strong management skills and an aggressive approach to breaking news coverage--on air and online. The successful candidate will possess strong people skills and be highly organized while helping to lead Baltimore’s largest radio news team. The candidate must be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who, as an effective coach, leads our team in the execution of market-leading breaking news, weather coverage and community service on all platforms daily. With a legacy brand in the news/talk format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
- Work with the News Director to oversee the day-to-day operation and editorial content of the newsroom, including technical needs
- Plan big event coverage
- Executive Producer for weekly 1-hour newsmagazine program
- Collaborate, plan, and execute special programming events throughout the year
- Execute the brand, both on air and online
- Schedule talent
- Work with the News Director and other managers to effectively guide a diverse staff of approximately 15 full- and part-time employees
- In-person attendance is required
- 2 years of newsroom supervisory and/or management experience preferred
- Strong news writing background preferred
- Knowledge of ENPS and digital audio editing preferred
- Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage staff execute twice-hourly newscasts, along with special events and features.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Creativity is a must!
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands