Operations Technician - PT
Hearst Television, Kansas City, MO, United States
The story is yours!
KMBC/KCWE TV has an opening for a part-time Operations Technician. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule required in the broadcast industry to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating teleprompter, audio, and video equipment as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills and good communication skills. Responsibilities include studio operator, audio, and other duties as assigned.
- Operate teleprompter during newscasts
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
- Dress microphone’s and IFB’s for all on camera appearances
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology.
- Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering
- Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software.
- Videography experience helpful.
- Related military experience will be considered
- The ideal candidate should have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work all shifts as needed, including nights and weekends.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Associate Professor - Broadcast Journalism
CUNY Graduate Center, 365 FIFTH AVENUE NEW YORK, NY 10016