Hearst Television, Charlotte, NC USA
The story is yours!
Emmy-award winning production company in the national broadcast television, digital content and media space, is looking for an experienced digital content editor to develop mobile-first promotional content on behalf of our network programming. This role also includes post-production asset coordination, copywriting, graphic design, and content related project management.
Ideal candidate has produced and edited digital content that has been leveraged to successfully fulfill various digital KPIs across platforms including Instagram (Reels), TikTok, YouTube and Snapchat. Projects range from short form social content (promos, teasers) to full extended interviews/segments and socially adapted shows. Must be a skilled preditor who can craft story and source video unsupervised.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President and General Manager (E/I).
This position is based in Burbank, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the marketing of brand programming initiatives through editorial and evergreen feature content
- Develop and implement growth strategies to drive traffic and increase engagement across owned digital/social properties. This includes collaborating with broader Digital team to maintain original content schedule, pitch and arrange various content activations and find opportunities to market via various platforms
- Collaborate with Digital team to write scripts for short-form and long-form video content, ranging from asset-based mashups to standalone series
- Act as a liaison between post-production and broader Digital team to ingest and manage all photo/video content used on owned + operated channels
- Assess our content library to determine what type of content is missing and what is needed to address gaps
- Create graphics, logo, etc. for respective content
- Authentic passion for TV and trending internet content
- Background in Marketing/Branding, Communications, Writing, Film/Design
- Experience as a shooter or as a "one man band" shooter/producer/editor a plus
- Media/entertainment industry preferred
- Ability to edit engaging promotional materials quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality.
- Must be able to search for the perfect clips from a variety of sources (YouTube, Vimeo, Pond5, Storyblocks, Getty, etc.)
- Must have ability to juggle multiple projects and content requests
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, Photoshop, Lightroom and other Adobe Suite applications
- Basic understanding of Final Cut 7/X and Avid a plus
- Self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines with excellent editorial judgment, time management and strong project management skills
- Understanding of video metadata, encoding and data formats
- Experience using software such as Falcon.io, V-Mix and Wix
- Must include samples of previous content
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law&Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Field Research Photographer (M/W/D) - Frankfurt am Main
CoStar Group, Not Home-based (Field) - Frankfurt am Main
Field Research Photographer (M/W/D) - Dortmund – Essen
CoStar Group, Not Home-based (Field) - Dortmund – Essen