Hearst Television, South Burlington, VT, United States
The story is yours!
WPTZ-TV/NBC5, the NBC affiliate in Burlington, VT-Plattsburgh, NY market, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We’re a very collaborative newsroom. This person will produce content on-air, on-line, and for our mobile platforms. We want candidates who want to win as a team, be part of a diverse newsroom and who comes to work with a positive attitude and willingness to take feedback and learn.
What you get in return is the chance to become part of HEARST Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country. You’ll also get to work with a talented group of journalists who go the extra mile for each other and the opportunity to live in one of the most scenic parts of the country. This position is based at our South Burlington, VT studio, but will cover stories from throughout our NH/VT/NY market.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights and weekends. Variable shift possible.
- Put together high-quality packages.
- Coverage of breaking news
- Develop sources and generate story ideas
- Shoot live shots and live interviews
- Shoot and track news stories
- Creative writer and packager
- Military multimedia experience a plus
- Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Good personality. Must connect with viewers
- Must enjoy being part of a team.
- Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
- Ability to shoot and edit high quality video
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military multimedia experience is enthusiastically considered.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.