Hearst Television, Washington, DC USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Media Production Group is seeking a highly motivated, detailed oriented, creative Senior Producer to join the staff of our nationally syndicated political news magazine, Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien. The ideal candidate will have highly developed program production skills, a passion for storytelling in all formats, an in-depth knowledge of current affairs, a keen eye for visual and graphic show elements, and an editorial commitment to amplifying diverse voices in the conversation about the nation’s future. The Senior Producer must exhibit inclusive and collaborative leadership skills that will help them manage teams of people in centralized and remote work settings. The Senior Producer will assist with production scheduling and budget.
This position reports to the Executive Producer and is based in the Hearst Washington DC Bureau.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in tandem with the Supervising Producer to manage all facets of show production, delegating elements of show production as appropriate to team members
- Providing guidance and feedback to producers and editors
- Developing story ideas and pitching them to editors or producers
- Arranging interviews with experts in various fields to provide expert commentary on a topic being covered in a story
- Reviewing stories produced by the team to ensure they meet quality standards and are consistent with the program’s style
- Helping to manage the budget for the show, including in-studio and field production within limits set by management
- Coordination and oversight of in studio and remote productions
- Managing the overall production workflow of a project by assigning tasks to team members, managing long term projects and making revisions to existing timeframes
- Responsible for all final written products including scripts, promotional and marketing materials
- With the Director of Production, oversees correspondent projects from beginning to end, including planning, editing, producing, and distributing content
- Must have 15 years of producing experience in television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, series, etc.)
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Demonstrate knowledge of social media, including the best digital storytelling formats to reach our target audience
- Familiarity with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere preferred)
- Knowledge of current events, politics, and pop culture
- Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds
- Excellent writing ability and communication skills
- Capable of remaining calm under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously and working in a team environment
- Exceptional storyteller
- Creative show production: packing and formats
- Previous supervisory experience: proven track record of effective delegation and supervision of team members
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group(HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law&Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands