Creative Services Director
Hearst Television, Charlotte, NC USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG) is seeking an experienced promotion and brand manager to lead our national marketing and digital content strategies. With a focus on advancing the visibility of our E/I, entertainment and news/information programming, this hybrid role will interface with the HMPG management team, show producers, our national network and streaming partners, and program sponsors.
The position jointly reports to the EVP, General Manager of (E/I) and EVP, General Manager (Entertainment), with a dotted line to the President of HMPG.
The position is based in our new state-of-the-art Hearst facility in Charlotte, NC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide creative support and marketing direction for HMPG national shows, establishing templates and systems for production of topical and image promotion
- Oversee digital content, marketing, and social media team, in support of our national programming
- Manage internal and external press and PR resources, participate in the creation of PR events
- Manage graphics and branding resources, working with the Hearst Television graphics hub
- Participate in client and sponsorship meetings on show promotion and branding, digital strategies and press and PR activity
- Oversee HMPG corporate marketing and branding, including presentation materials, corporate website development and management, and write/produce corporate video presentations as needed
- 10+ years in national and/or station marketing, promotion, brand management
- Balance of creative development and strategic planning skills
- Commitment to excellence and quality promotion, marketing, and branding
- Proven skills in the management, development, and execution of effective digital strategies
- Demonstrated press and PR implementation
- Strong graphic development and branding skills
- Collaborative approach with management, business partners and clients
- Creative writing and conceptualization; ability to craft compelling messages and presentations based on market research
- Detailed-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group(HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaminag services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 nationally syndicated public affairs news magazine; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law&Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.