Hearst Television, Charlotte, NC USA
The story is yours!
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG) seeks a Research Director to support our internal teams, platform partners and sponsors with audience and consumer information related to our national programming. This highly visible role will compile and analyze linear, digital and OTT cross platform viewership for the purposes of strategic planning and to create actionable internal insights and client presentations.
The Research Director jointly reports to the EVP, General Manager of (E/I) and EVP, General Manager (Entertainment), with a dotted line to the President of HMPG. The Research Director will also interface with Hearst TV’s Vice President of Research.
The position is based in our new state-of-the-art Hearst facility in Charlotte, NC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide tracking and trending of linear, digital and OTT cross platform viewership for Sales, Programming, Creative Services and C-Suite level executives
- Prepare, analyze, and assemble monthly and quarterly reports that keep senior leadership informed of competitive programming performance across the landscape
- Develop research for new business pitches, client presentations and meetings with national and international media platforms
- Work with the sales team to build client presentations and identify/develop new category selling strategies with brand advertisers, foundations, and nonprofits
- Participate in sales presentations with current and potential clients
- Liaison with research vendors on new or revised products and services
- 5-10 years of national research experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of media industry, including broadcast and cable television, steaming services, local TV syndication and other delivery platforms such as FAST channels
- Ability to translate data into clear, actionable insights and present conclusions and recommendations for key stakeholders
- Expertise in Nielsen software systems and Nielsen methodology
- Knowledge of syndicated sales tools such as MRI, Google Analytics, Comscore
- Strength in digital research software systems
- Experience working with data science resources and data sets
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Display strong writing and presentation skills, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group(HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 nationally syndicated public affairs news magazine; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time!” on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Law&Crime Daily,” “Prime Crime,” “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore” and “The Jack Hanna Channel,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands