Hearst Television, Albuquerque, NM, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $50,000
Salary max: $50,000
KOAT-TV has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a Chief Photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. Exceptional organization, motivation and management skills are critical. Excellent video and editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, and effective communication style at all levels and the highest journalistic standards are a must. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and able to troubleshoot the latest TV technology. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Train and develop our team of photographers
- Collaborate with News Operations manager to identify and hire new photojournalists
- Take an active role to ensure vehicles, cameras, live gear and drone are maintained
- Shooting and editing of vo’s, vo-sots and packages for broadcast air and on-line postings
- A team leader who ensures our look and sound are among the best in the market
- Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- In-person attendance is required
- Prior management experience preferred
- Previous newsroom experience required
- Excellent managerial skills
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.