Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD, United States
The story is yours!
WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 has an immediate opening for a creative, energetic Part-Time Talk Show/Sports Producer. We are looking for a detail-oriented, enthusiastic and reliable individual who is knowledgeable on news, current events, and sports. The ideal candidate can adeptly manage deadlines and is available to work the flexible schedules that the multimedia and broadcast industry require. This is an opportunity to join the team at one of the premier radio stations in the country, with 97 years of heritage in the Baltimore-Metro region.
- Maintaining studio operations while on duty.
- Ensuring FCC compliance and proper transmitter operation.
- Keeping a log of aired commercial inventory.
- Recording, editing, and uploading required audio.
- Support our sports partnerships as needed.
- Audio editing ability or willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with or eagerness to gain comprehension of on-air studio operations.
- Excellent time management and focus during deadline-driven situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including late evening/overnight and weekends.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Adobe Audition or similar programs preferred.
- Familiarity with Wide Orbit Automation Software or similar Radio Inventory Management Software is a plus.
- As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.