Experienced Multimedia Account Executive
Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $85,000
Salary max: $85,000
Experienced Multimedia Sales Account Executive
Do you want to join a premier multimedia company? When you start a career with Hearst Television, not only will you work amongst passionate professionals who take pride in what they do, but you will be a part of a progressive culture where your talents will be valued.
KCCI, the market-leading Hearst Television CBS affiliate in Des Moines, IA is seeking an experienced account executive. If you are motivated by an excellent product, great compensation, and working with a talented team of professionals, look no further. You will work in one of America’s top cities for business climate and quality of life. KCCI-TV is one of the top CBS affiliates in the nation and Iowa’s News Leader across all platforms. We provide you every tool you need to deliver results-oriented, multi-platform marketing solutions. We need someone with superb sales skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to WIN! If you want to work for the best, we want to hear from you today!
We are looking for an Account Executive who will develop and maintain business on all platforms – TV, digital, and multicast. The ideal candidate has media sales experience, is a self-starter, thrives in a goal-oriented team environment, and has a desire to WIN! Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career, make a great living, and join a top company in the broadcast media industry? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
As an Account Executive, you will be expected to work both at the station as well as outside of the station making sales calls and/or visiting with clients or potential clients. In this hybrid position, you will meet with clients in-person and have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings as needed.
- Generate new business revenue across all platforms
- Manage and cultivate an active account list
- Ensure all revenue goals are achieved
- Create and deliver sales presentations to client/agency personnel
- Collaborate with other departments in station to ensure client satisfaction
- 3+ years of media sales experience preferred, plus an excellent understanding of media plans, the advertising marketplace, and key competition
- Military training and experience will be considered in lieu of media sales experience
- Ability to use interpersonal communication skills to develop rapport with clients, anticipate needs, and negotiate
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Media Monitors or other commercial monitoring program, and Microsoft applications a plus
- Must possess a driver’s license with a good driving record
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.