Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $180,000
Salary max: $180,000
KCCI 8 News, Iowa’s News Leader, is looking for an anchor who can connect with viewers by developing and delivering compelling content. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it conversationally, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. In addition to presenting content in studio, this person will look for opportunities to be live from the field. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must. This is a primary anchor position who must have the gravitas to build trust and rapport with viewers.
- Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Works with reporters and producers in newscast production
- Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
- Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that impact viewers in central Iowa, delivering unique enterprise angles and exclusive content
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and break stories of significance
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates time-management skills by meeting deadlines under pressure
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- Past anchor and reporting experience required
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
- Demo reel should be indicative of everyday work
- Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
- Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands