On Air Talent
Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $55,600
Salary max: $55,600
The cornerstone of the success of Hearst-owned WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 is its commitment to live and local coverage of the issues that matter most to our audience. Now in our 97th year of serving our local community, we thrive on delivering breaking news, holding local leaders accountable and engaging in thoughtful and energetic conversation. We are looking for a new voice to contribute to the discussion—a dynamic individual that can be compelling, be well-versed on the important issues facing the Baltimore Region and is able to engage with both news makers and the community in advancing the conversation. The goal is to create must-listen content. Audio samples are encouraged along with a summary of your philosophy and how your background and life experiences inform your presentation. This is a terrific opportunity to join the team at one of the industry’s most prominent and well-respected media companies. Apply on-line at: Hearst Television Careers. Please know your interest will be held in strict confidence. Learn more at Hearst.com…a dynamic privately held organization with unmatched cable, television, radio, magazines, and newspaper platforms.
- Be able to deliver opinion driven content based on a foundation of news and fact.
- Make regular appearances on other station programming and special event coverage.
- Have strong knowledge base of both national and local topics/content with a major emphasis on Baltimore, MD regional issues.
- Deliver content to consumers via social media platforms.
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events.
- Experience in public speaking in a personality-driven role is helpful.
- Prior radio hosting experience is helpful--your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
- Flexibility in schedule with an ability to adjust to breaking news coverage.
- Comfort with digital media and social media.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Military experience and training will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands