Assistant Creative Services Director
Hearst Television, Oklahoma City, OK, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $60,000
Salary max: $75,000
Come be the difference at KOCO-TV. An innovative brand, rich in history, operating in one of America’s most competitive television markets. Oklahoma City is a community with a thriving economy, welcoming neighborhoods, named one of the best places to live and work year after year. There is something for everyone in Oklahoma City. A thriving and diverse economy with industries including Aviation and Aerospace, Bioscience, Technology, Logistics, a strong Military presence and a historic center of the American Energy industry. It ranked as having the third best economic outlook in the entire United States in 2021. Combine all that economic strength with a dynamic local Arts scene, leading museums and cultural attractions, a thriving and innovative restaurant and entertainment scene, local farmers markets, beautiful parks and trails and friendly welcoming people, Oklahoma City is a community with great quality of life where you can afford to live well. Come join us and be the bigger picture!
KOCO-TV, the Hearst Television-owned ABC affiliate in Oklahoma City, is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Creative Services Director. The qualified candidate is both creative and strategic—able to execute compelling high-end research-driven messaging that moves the station’s brand forward. We’re looking for a superior writer with advanced conceptual skills and solid editing experience. Someone with the experience to help lead a team of talented writer/producers. The Assistant Creative Services Director will work “side by side” with the CSD developing and implementing brand marketing strategies for the station, multiple digital channels and internet properties including web and mobile apps.
This is an opportunity to join Hearst Television, one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies, in an ultra-competitive market where each impression on every platform matter. If you are an excellent, hands-on producer, strategic thinker and aspire to grow as a marketing executive with one of the best media companies in America by gaining experience in a dynamic environment, apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v. Minorities, females and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Work closely with Creative Services Director implementing strategic marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for the execution of station promotion for on-air and digital.
- Supervise creative team in brand, image and daily topical production.
- Execute on-point television and digital promotion campaigns.
- Produce media for on and off-air promotions.
- Special projects coordination & fulfillment.
- Produce effective news & programming promotion.
- Produce & post targeted social media marketing.
- Manage inventory for daily on-air logs and digital inventory as directed and as needed.
- Attend outside community functions or meetings as needed.
- Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance.
- A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
- Executing brand message across all media platforms.
- Military training and experience will be considered.
- A winning, energetic attitude and commitment to excellence and quality promotion.
- Proven skills, collaborating with News staff and station personnel.
- Must be a highly creative and compelling writer, able to apply audience research to develop well-focused marketing campaigns to meet station goals of growing audience.
- Non-linear editing required, efficient in Adobe Creative Suite or similar application.
- Video/photography skills with Canon cinema camera platform or equivalent.
- Creative writing and conceptualization; able to craft compelling messages based on research driven station goals.
- Detail oriented & well organized.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Graphic design experience/skills are an asset and preferred.
- Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record)
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.