Hearst Television, South Burlington, VT, United States
The story is yours!
NBC5/WPTZ-TV, the Hearst Television NBC Affiliate in Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY, has an opening for a Part time Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get their foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
- Write copy for daily newscasts and edit videos.
- Assist producers and reporters with research.
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers.
- Have an understanding of social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
- Researching and writing stories for television and digital platforms.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls.
- Train with a team of experienced journalists.
Qualified Candidates are:
- Looking to advance in the field of broadcast journalism.
- Interested learning the aspects of writing, organizing and executing a newscast.
- Writing, editing, or producing experience in a professional or college newsroom is a plus
- Military journalism experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.