WLKY - Videojournalist
Hearst Television, Louisville, KY, United States
The story is yours!
WLKY has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented photographer/editor who understands the pressures and purpose of local television news. We are seeking an experienced storyteller who can collaborate and lead when collecting and editing visual elements for compelling storytelling. This position is responsible for gathering visual content, working either individually to edit, or as a team to collaborate on newscast stories. We are looking for an experienced news photographer who understands the urgency of breaking news, the importance of deadlines, and the critical elements of collaboration and communication when working with reporters. You must be able to shoot on a full-size Sony ENG camera and have experience with non-linear editing. Adobe Premiere experience preferred. You must understand how to use ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization and attention to gear/equipment maintenance are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and digital platforms
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Attention to detail regarding file management and technical workflow
- Must be flexible with schedule, on-call and breaking news
- In-person attendance is required
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- Must have local television news photographer experience.
- 3-5 years in a working newsroom preferred
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.
Creative Jobs For You
Editor-in-Chief and Director of Communications
National Association for Law Placement, Washington, DC USA