National Sales Manager ccABC
Hearst Television, Salinas, CA USA
The story is yours!
KSBW 8 (NBC) / Central Coast ABC / Estrella TV Costa Central, part of Hearst Television, is seeking an energetic, passionate, analytical and creative National Sales Manager for ccABC, who is up to the challenge of setting new records across multiple platforms. The National Sales Manager will lead, motivate and inspire the national sales team to exceed revenue goals and assist the Sales Manager with local sales when needed. Ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and be organized. Client engagement is a top priority. Candidates should also have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple challenges simultaneously and be excellent in broadcast sales negotiation. Also, candidate must be able to take initiative and make decisions without daily guidance. We will provide “best in class” multi-platform products, a tremendous challenging work environment, a talented team, and excellent compensation.
As a National Sales Manager, it is the expectation that you will work primarily at the station as well as away from the station, meeting with clients and attending sales calls. You will have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings as needed.
- Set the overall tone for the national sales department by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
- Lead our national rep firm sales team with clear direction on our expectations and strategies.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve national sales goals across multiple media platforms.
- Work alongside our Sales Manager to foster a positive sales environment
- Work closely with the national rep firm on forecasting, negotiations and planning also coach and inspire our team of national reps to grow share
- Negotiate all national business including political
- Work with the national sales assistant on preempts and orders
- Accurately forecast national broadcast revenue
- Assist the sales manager in helping to grow local TV and Digital revenue share
- Achieve or exceed the national revenue budget
- Ability to work with the GSM on inventory management and pricing
- Minimum of 3-5 years broadcast sales or management experience.
- Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Matrix, or other CRM software.
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships
- Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
- Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including but not limited to television, web, mobile, and multi-cast
- Takes full ownership of national budgets and revenue goals and constantly develop strategies to overachieve
- Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared
- The ability to analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
- Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
- Bilingual in English / Spanish verbal and written a Plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands