Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD USA
The story is yours!
Morning Show Producer (full-time)
WIYY (98 ROCK) is Baltimore’s home for COMEDY, ROCK, and SPORTS for more than 45 years. The station features top-rated personalities playing a wide variety of music from classic rock to alternative and everything in-between. 98 ROCK is also the proud flagship station for the Baltimore Ravens and the Baltimore Orioles. The Morning Show Producer oversees and coordinates day-to-day production of the top-rated 98 Rock Morning Show with Justin, Scott, & Spiegel.
- Create and manage show content
- Create and manage daily show schedule
- Book and schedule guests
- Edit news audio and other sound for morning show
- Manage social media accounts
- Manage morning show web content
- Screen phone callers and collect information from contest winners
- Archive show audio
- Monitor and manage the show program log (in Wide Orbit)
- Produce weekly “Behind the Curtain” show for Saturday mornings
- Manage assistant producer duties
- Operate studio board for remote broadcasts
- Secure fill-in talent for days when regular cast members are absent
- Ensure adherence to FCC and EAS regulations and protect the airwaves from inappropriate content
- Produce and pre-record show segments
- Identify and edit show highlights for promos and “best-of” segments
- Help manage morning show social media accounts and web content
- Help edit and produce podcasts
- Capture all comments on 98 Rock text line daily, for later use on the JSS TV show
- Participate in daily planning sessions and generate ideas for topics, bits, and promotions
- Studio producer for remote broadcasts
- Other duties as needed for the morning show
- Must be proficient in editing audio. Experience with Adobe Audition editing software is a plus.
- Prior experience operating a studio console and automation system is required. Experience with Wide Orbit is desirable.
- The ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Manager YurView Programming and Content Cox Media
Cox Communications, Oklahoma City, OK, United States