WBAL-TV News Intern
Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD USA
The story is yours!
WBAL-TV 11 recruits students for our 12-week paid internship program, which provides a hands-on professional learning experience. The WBAL-TV Internship Program is administered through group video conferences and individual in-person shadowing experiences.
Qualifications: Ambitious, creative and energetic students should have some classroom experience in broadcast journalism, and preferably some knowledge of a television newsroom.
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, resourcefulness, confidence.
- Possess a positive, professional attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Possess the ability to pay close attention to detail.
Internship Program Dates
Spring 2023 Session
- Application Deadline: Jan. 13, 2023
- Session: Feb. 6 to April 28, 2023
Summer 2023 Session
- Application Deadline: April 22, 2023
- Session: June 5 to Aug. 25, 2023
Fall 2023 Session
- Application Deadline: Aug. 12, 2023
- Session: Sept. 11 to Nov. 30, 2023
*Dates are subject to change
Hiring decisions are made within one month of the application deadline.
Students must have junior, senior or graduate studies level status to apply. Applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter with the application. The cover letter should include:
- Preferred semester (i.e. spring, summer or fall)
- Department preference
- Available start and end dates
- Days and hours available to intern
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands