Hearst Television, Cincinnati, OH USA
The story is yours!
WLWT-TV has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and creative News Videographer/Editor to work in a competitive news market. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound. This candidate must be able to use ENG cameras and advanced editing software and be creative with editing and effects under tight deadlines. This position will cover news stories as assigned. Must be a true team player.
- Efficiently operate ENG cameras and equipment, including TVU, microwave and satellite technology.
- Edit video in the field and in house, for newscasts under tight deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with reporters and anchors.
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, OPENS, TEASES and preproduction material.
- Proficiently edit newscasts.
- Effectively collaborate with producers, and managers to produce high quality stories.
- Maintain standards for all edited material.
- Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Any other shooting or editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
- Maintain news archives.
- FAA licensed drone pilot a plus
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds.
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Military on-air producing experience will be considered.
- Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
- Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
- Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and good driving record
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- FAA licensed drone pilot a plus.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Associate Producer, Social Media - Comedy Central
MTV Entertainment Group: Digital, New York City, NY USA