Sales Assistant ccABC
Hearst Television, Salinas, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $42,000
Salary max: $45,000
KSBW 8 (NBC) / Central Coast ABC / Estrella TV Costa Central, part of Hearst Television, is looking for an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. Individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. Specifically, you'll work with the sales force on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity is a great way to get your foot in the door at a highly-respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television, an industry-leading television station group.
- Entering and maintaining all national orders from Strata and MediaOcean, including electronic transfer and maintenance of all WOCentral orders to WideOrbit.
- Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
- Create supportive marketing materials for sales department.
- Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
- Maintain organized filing systems
- Prepare proposals based on account executive requests
- Keep progress tabs on various sales initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
- Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person
- In-person attendance is required
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous commercial television experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and WideOrbit.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly-focused, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high-level.
- Deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales
- Extreme attention to detail.
The estimated base salary range for this role is between $42,000 and $45,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands and conditions, including geographic location where the work will be performed, and other factors permitted by law. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.