Executive Assistant to the General Manager
Hearst Television, Albuquerque, NM, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $58,000
Salary max: $58,000
KOAT-TV the Hearst Television owned, ABC affiliate in Albuquerque, NM, has an opening for an Executive Assistant. This position provides critical support to the President/General Manager of KOAT-TV 7 by performing confidential assignments, coordinating daily operations of the department, and handling administrative duties. The position also serves as the bridge of communication between the station President/General Manager, internal departments and the community. Demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management and staff.
- Serves as liaison in establishing and maintaining working relationships both internally and externally, including industry related boards and professional organization; exercises confidentially, resourceful, and creativity in responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Maintains Outlook Calendar and coordinates meetings with excellent organization of the administrative office.
- Answers incoming calls; takes messages as needed; refers callers to other internal departments, if appropriate. Addresses viewer concerns and problem solves when needed.
- Works with our corporate HR team to generate employee contracts.
- Handles administrative and business office correspondence; routes items to other appropriate persons as needed; independently responds to correspondence as appropriate.
- Learn various systems to pull daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Depending on the data collected more specific and specialized reports may need to be pulled as well.
- Oversees and coordinates logistics for key KOAT initiatives and community partnerships.
- Manages all requests for KOAT talent appearances.
- Maintains current list of contacts. Maintains current and historical confidential business files (hard copy and electronic).
- Works with others on the FCC Public File and necessary reports.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements; prepares expense reports for reimbursement.
- Completes projects and a variety of special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress; problem-solving, making adjustments to plans.
- Coordinates all station meetings for equipment needs, staff notification and set up.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the President/General Manager.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, which are critical competencies.
- Have organizational aptitude and expertise coupled with dedication.
- Possess strong grammar and writing skills.
- Work effectively and confidentially with a variety of people in a diverse workforce.
- Be adaptable to changing work requirements.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Possess a high degree of professional integrity.
- Demonstrate a strong client service orientation.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with tight deadline.
- Be proficient with software applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Be eager to learn broadcasting industry, prepare reports and evaluate data.
- Be a positive, enthusiastic contributor.
- At least three years' experience providing support to c-level executive or senior officer or equivalent combination of related education and experience including military experience.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive issues; proficient administrative skills to supporting executive level management.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Home of the world’s best books.