Hearst Television, Greenville, SC, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $160,000
Salary max: $160,000
- Management of news department including editorial leadership of content on its multicast channel and digital platforms.
- Recruiting and leadership of news staff.
- Execution of contemporary news product on all platforms.
- Budget administration.
- Strategic planning in collaboration with other department heads on station initiatives.
- In-person attendance is required
- 3-5 years of broadcast television newsroom management.
- Proven track record of mentoring/coaching a news staff.
- Ability to demonstrate how the candidate has improved news product at another broadcast television station.
- Candidate must have a proven record of leadership and success with at least 3-5 years of managing a local news operation.
- Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.
Creative Jobs For You
Editor-in-Chief and Director of Communications
National Association for Law Placement, Washington, DC USA