PT Operations Technician
Hearst Television, New Orleans, LA, United States
The story is yours!
- Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
- Dress microphone’s and IFB’s for all on camera appearances
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
- Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD)
- Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders
- Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must have excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
- Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
- Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members
- Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
- In-person attendance is required
- Should have 2+ years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.