Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $55,600
Salary max: $55,600
Hearst-owned WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 has an opportunity to add a full-time Morning News Anchor/Reporter to our award-winning team. We are searching for a motivated, dependable individual who can deliver newscasts with energy, urgency, and confidence—effectively and concisely communicating local, world, and national news in an easy to understand and useful way. The ideal candidate is also unafraid to head into the field to cover breaking news stories and will be encouraged to enterprise stories and deliver compelling content on-air and through our digital platforms. This is an on-site position.
- Anchoring of WBAL Newscasts.
- Monitoring news from multiple sources and scripting twice-hourly newscasts.
- Supporting news gathering efforts and breaking news coverage.
- Delivering breaking news in a timely and concise manner.
- Contributing to our online platforms, including wbal.com and social media.
- Understanding of the Baltimore metro and surrounding areas helpful.
- Familiarity with radio or television broadcast news operations helpful.
- Must be available to work holidays, and flexible with schedule during breaking news.
- Broadcast experience preferred, particularly anchoring and reporting news.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.