Full-time Operations Technician
Hearst Television, Omaha, NE, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $41,600
Salary max: $41,600
Engineering Operations Technicians will perform various day to day engineering operations functions, including but not limited to, media management of items for broadcast, operating television cameras and robotics, audio control consoles, File preparation and ingest equipment, various switching communications gear, ENG van, and any other television related equipment as assigned. They may also proactively participate in training other operators in all skill sets. Engineering Operating Technicians may also perform routine maintenance tasks as assigned.
This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Operate studio cameras and, occasionally, remote cameras
- Maintain appearance of studios
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, and audio)
- Operate remote vehicles to support live news gathering operating in a safe and efficient manner. Set up and operate ENG cameras.
- Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
- Must have a “can do” attitude and a passion for excellence.
- Must have flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work effectively with other team members.
- Must have ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task accurately.
- Must be able to physically perform all tasks assigned.
- Must be able to follow instructions, verbal and written.
- Must have good driving record.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Military training and experience will be considered
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.