News Photographer Editor Truck Operator
Hearst Television, Needham, MA, United States
The story is yours!
WCVB-TV has an opening for a self-motivated individual who's committed to winning every day. We are seeking a Part-Time photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field and bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. On the edit side, we need someone who can simultaneously coordinate feeds, edit with both the eye and ear, and coordinate content elements for multiple shows. This member of our team will spend the bulk of the day in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. Having the ability to work as a teammate with reporters is a must -- our newsroom is all about collaboration. Candidates must be tech savvy and up to date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, and iPhone; edit in Adobe Premiere; and utilize ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent shooting/editing skills, time-management ability, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Precis and network feed platforms are critical. A keen eye for quality video and sound and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are an energetic, creative team player, we look forward to considering your application.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories
- Gathering and editing video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with dynamic video and natural sound
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video
- Can produce and publish content to online platforms
- Must have computer and software experience
- Previous newsroom shooting editing experience required
- Related military experience will be considered
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles; must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands