Commercial Production Writer Producer
Hearst Television, Omaha, NE, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $49,640
Salary max: $50,850
This position is responsible for working with sales account executives, clients and staff to conceptualize, write, shoot, create graphics/animations, and edit high quality commercials, promos and public service videos. This person will also assist as needed to write, produce and creatively execute daily news promos and assist in the execution of station events and marketing projects. This person will also assist the promotions department in other duties, as assigned. If you can think outside the box and are motivated with a great attitude, then this job could be ideal for you!
- Produce, write, shoot and edit design graphics/animations of quality commercials, promos and public service videos for all media platforms.
- Organizing, executing, commercial production shooting, video editing, sound editing from concept through delivery to clients.
- Assist with community outreach events, including on-air promotion and event planning/execution.
- Contribution to brainstorms with sales department and clients
- Assist Creative Services Director in budgeting and billing for commercial production work.
- In-person attendance is required
- Television Writer/Producer experience preferred.
- Experience with Adobe applications such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photo Shop.
- Ability to shoot video on DSLR or c300 camera.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of production process including non-linear editing.
- Proficient in videography and lighting.
- Demonstrated ability to write scripts
- Work well under extreme deadlines.
- Must be a team player and think outside the box.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends if necessary
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.