Hearst Television, Winston-Salem, NC, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $45,000
Salary max: $47,000
WXII/WCWG TV is looking for a Reporter that has the ability to generate story ideas, gather content, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who hits the ground running every day. The successful candidate loves breaking news and values strong enterprise reporting. In addition to credibility and poise, we’re looking for a reporter who breaks big stories, is not afraid of asking tough questions, and will hold those in power accountable. We are looking for someone who works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, has excellent live reporting skills, and works well with co-workers.
- Works with photographers to gather news content and report live with a goal of getting compelling interviews, strong visuals, and delivering important information to the public
- Regularly plans, gathers, and produces stories on day-of news or special project assignments
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
- Contributes photos, video, and information to mobile platforms throughout the day
- Demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- In-person attendance is required
- Past reporting experience (2-years) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
- Demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and can drive large vehicles
- Ability to work different shifts, including overnights and weekends
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands