Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $68,000
Salary max: $84,000
KCRA 3, the Hearst Television station that is #1 in Sacramento, is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who is eager to cover our diverse community. The successful candidate is innovative and thrives on digging into important issues. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellence in journalism. We are serious about breaking news, live coverage and investigative reporting. In-person attendance is required.
- Generate strong story ideas that lead newscasts.
- Develop content that goes beyond surface details, accentuates enterprise angles and has exclusive elements. Find compelling characters and work closely with photojournalists to tell dynamic visual stories.
- Create stories that employ innovative techniques, graphics and animations to engage our audience.
- Develop a network of diverse sources to highlight stories of significance.
- Consistently contribute dynamic content on TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
- Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
- Exceptional live reporting skills
- Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
- Ability to work under very tight deadlines
- Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
- Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of reporting experience.
- Must be willing to work mornings, weekends and holidays.
- A degree in journalism, communications or related experience is preferred.
- Military DINFOS experience is a plus.
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
The estimated base salary range for this role is between $68,000 and $84,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands and conditions, including geographic location where the work will be performed, and other factors permitted by law. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.