Hearst Television, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, United States
The story is yours!
WPBF 25 is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor who will be creating content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
- Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the web, mobile and social media
- Produce engaging videos and graphics for social media
- Social Media monitoring and posting
- Be involved in daily editorial meetings and aware of daily news coverage
- Communicate and working with sister stations and networks on digital coverage
- Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
- Other duties as required
- Previous digital editing experience required
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premier, Photoshop and Audition a plus
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Excellent AP writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
- Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Home of the world’s best books.