Hearst Television, Omaha, NE USA
The story is yours!
You will be joining an award-winning team of journalists and television professionals showcasing your talent to the biggest audience in Omaha television news.
The right candidate will have an interest investigative journalism and a passion for finding exclusive content.
You must have the drive to cover breaking news, and the ability to report extemporaneously in a clear, concise manner on live television and on social media.
We’re looking for a self-starter who knows how to build great contacts and develop exclusive content. You’ll need an ability to connect with people in ways that foster great communication and enjoy sharing content on social media.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and to be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
Please include a video link demonstrating your work with your application.
- Reporting news stories, building news contacts and sources, and developing original news material for KETV and Hearst Television
- Video editing
- Live reporting
- Some substitute anchoring
- At least two years of television or digital news reporting
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of civics and engaged in national and world events
- Must be able to manage time well
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
- Must have good news judgment
- Must be able to work weekends, early mornings and evenings
- This position requires you to work on-site
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Home of the world’s best books.