Assistant News Director
Hearst Television, Jackson, MS, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $75,000
Salary max: $85,000
- Work with the News Director to oversee the day-to-day operation and editorial content of the newsroom
- Plan big event coverage
- Execute the brand, both on air and online
- Schedule talent
- In-person attendance is required
- 2 years of newsroom supervisory and/or management experience
- Strong producing background preferred
- Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Creativity is a must
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States