Hearst Television, Albuquerque, NM USA
The story is yours!
KOAT-TV, the Hearst owned station in Albuquerque, NM, has an opening for a Business Manager. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to have responsibility for many functions within a fast-paced business. If you are an analytical numbers person but also have an interest in supporting people, this is a great opportunity for you. This position is a unique blend of finance/accounting and human resources activities. This position will also work collaboratively with a regional finance team on the monthly financial closing and the annual budget process.
What you’ll do
- General Business Functions
- Interpretation and communication of financial results
- Provide guidance to department heads related to company policies and procedures
- Liaison between station and regional accounting group on financial reporting
- Forecasting and budgeting of station revenues and operating expenses
- Bi-weekly and weekly payroll review/processing/reconciliation through ADP
- Human Resources
- Employee relations
- Leave management
- Benefit related assistance
- Employee data management through Oracle HCM
- Accounts Payable & Expenses
- Invoice processing and approval
- Purchasing card & travel and entertainment report review/approval
- Local operating contract maintenance
- Real estate taxes
- Sales/Use Tax reporting
- Asset Management
- Fleet Management
- Fixed asset tagging, tracking and disposal
What we are looking for:
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and prioritize multiple responsibilities accordingly
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze various levels of financial data and provide guidance and recommendations
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish directives
Education and Experience
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience
- Previous HR experience
- Payroll experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience in accounting and HR software applications including Oracle (HCM & EPBCS), Wide Orbit, ADP a plus
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Creative Jobs For You
Media Editor, Geology, Biological Anthropology, and Environmen...
W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., Remote, Work from USA