Hearst Television, Winston-Salem, NC, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $62,000
Salary max: $65,000
WXII/WCWG is looking for a morning Breaking News/Traffic Anchor-Reporter. We need a creative storyteller who has excellent on-air presence and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will also have strong reporting skills and be comfortable covering breaking news in the studio and in the field. We are looking for someone who works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and works well with others.
- Work with producers to identify the big, breaking stories each morning to front in the studio
- Provide clear and concise breaking news and traffic reports for morning newscasts
- Create morning traffic report graphics
- Gather information from local authorities for breaking news and traffic reports
- Make sure that corresponding graphics, video, and live shots are used appropriately
- Communicate morning breaking news and traffic information to viewers via digital platforms including our station website, mobile app, and social media pages
- Report in the field after AM shows to cover daily and breaking news as needed
- Fill-in anchor as needed
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- Looking for 1-2 years as journalist and storyteller in a commercial television station
- Equivalent military experience will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience with the station's traffic system
- Must be a self-starter, speak clearly, and be able to ad lib in breaking news situations
- Must be familiar with street and highway names and directions
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Has a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to work different shifts, including overnights and weekends
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands