Weekend Evening Anchor/ Weekday Reporter
Hearst Television, Rogers, AR, United States
The story is yours!
KHBS, the ABC affiliate in Fayetteville-Fort Smith-Springdale-Rogers, Arkansas is looking for an Anchor/Reporter. The Weekend Evening Anchor/Reporter is someone who can bring the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. You are an anchor who can head out into the field and break the big stories. You will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and complete live shots. You are someone who isn't afraid to ask the tough questions and will hold those in power accountable. You will write and edit scripts with viewer impact in mind. You have the skills to shoot and edit video when needed. You are versatile, work well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and have excellent live reporting skills. You will report to the Assistant News Director.
- Deliver scripted and ad-lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose.
- Plan, gather and assemble stories on day-of news or special project assignments.
- Coordinate with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develop a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance
- Appear on behalf of the station at public events.
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms throughout the day
- Experience shooting and editing high-quality video
- Work on different stories and projects at once and meeting all deadlines
- Summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- 2+ years of anchor experience desired
- 2+ years of reporting experience desired
- Your demo reel is indicative of your everyday work
- Anchor who connects with viewers, in addition to reporting skills
- Operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology.
- Can work in all weather conditions, work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends and carry up to 50 pounds
- Have a valid driver's license and a clear driving record
- Have and exhibit unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.