Multi Media Journalist
Hearst Television, Lebanon, NH, United States
The story is yours!
Local News Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)
WPTZ/WNNE, the Hearst Television, NBC affiliate in the Burlington , VT/Plattsburgh, NY market is looking for a Multimedia Journalist who can identify important story ideas, shoot and edit video news packages and present in a compelling manor. The Multimedia Journalist is motivated, loves telling stories and is prepared to deliver them LIVE. You will report to the Assistant News Director and be based out of our Upper Valley Bureau in Lebanon, NH.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Coverage of breaking news, weather and sports
- Put together high-quality packages
- Collaborate with reporters on packages, special reports and documentaries
- Develop sources, create story ideas, and produce content on-air, online, and all digital platforms
- Shoot live shots and live interviews, and track news stories
- Professional or schooling experience in television news reporting, photography and editing
- Creative writer and editor
- Must deliver with authenticity to connect with viewers
- Can provide samples of reporting and photography
- Experience developing local contacts
- Experience shooting and editing high-quality video
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Hearst Television (HTV) owns and operates 33 television and two radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. HTV is recognized as one of the industry's premier broadcasting companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands