Part Time Newscast Director
Hearst Television, Needham, MA, United States
The story is yours!
WCVB, the ABC affiliate in the Boston DMA is looking for a Part Time Newscast Director. The Part Time Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production with all technical staff, including the Producer, Technical Director, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering. Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. You will report to the News Director.
- Direct broadcast newscasts
- Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew
- Be responsible for clean technical execution and the overall look of the newscast
- 2+ years directing and technical directing a newscast
- Understanding of newsroom systems, ENPS and video playback systems
- Excellent communicator, efficient and effective worker with a variety of personalities in high pressure situations
- Problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news
- Can work flexible hours and shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Home of the world’s best books.