Hearst Television, Fort Myers, FL, United States
The story is yours!
- Write/edit and publish breaking news and weather, daily news, sports and feature stories for our station website, and other social media platforms.
- Write compelling headlines; especially for mobile and social media as well as carefully crafted mobile push notifications for breaking news/severe weather
- Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
- Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
- Develop multimedia special projects
- Managing LIVE streams of newscasts and breaking news
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow our station’s digital platforms
- Other duties as required
- In-person attendance is required
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience in a professional television newsroom and/or web-publishing environment including related military experience
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Excellent AP writing skills
- Basic knowledge of video editing
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
- Flexibility to work different shifts (including nights and weekends), holidays, etc., on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
- Proficiency in Photoshop
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.